- The Member commits to respectful and courteous exchanges in the Community of Practice.
- The Member agrees to respond as needed to messages from other Members in the Discussions forum of the Community of Practice website. The member can respond by sharing his/her experiences, expertise, opinions, files, documents, links to other useful websites or by indicating that he/she has the same questions indicated in the individual’s message. This will allow Community of Practice administrators to identify common needs.
- The information shared in the Community of Practice is not considered a professional consultation, nor can it render any other individual or organization responsible.
- The Member agrees to maintain and respect accepted privacy principles for all information shared on the Community of Practice website.
- The Community of Practice website provides links to other external websites. The Member understands that other Members and the Community of Practice administrators are not responsible for the content of these external sites.
Uploading/Downloading of documents
UPLOADING a document to the Community of Practice website (health related fact sheet, pamphlet, promotional material, guidelines, etc.):
- The Member will not upload documents that have confidential elements, that can breach privacy rules/laws, or that violate copyright and the intellectual property rights of a third party.
- By uploading a document, the Member confirms that their employer holds copyright to the document and that their employer approves of the posting/uploading to the Community of Practice website.
- The Member agrees to allow other Community of Practice Members the right to access and use the uploaded/posted documents free of charge within the scope of their professional practice for the benefits of their clients. The term “use” means non-commercial use only and includes downloading, copying, distributing, and/or modifying text content of the document. Members who download a document for use are expected to follow the requirements described in Section b. “Downloading a document from the Community of Practice website”, below.
DOWNLOADING a document from the Community of Practice website:
- The Member agrees to comply with any and all applicable copyright restrictions in respect of photos, pictures, diagrams, and/or logos that have been included in the documents. The Member is solely responsible for obtaining any required permissions/licenses prior to copying, distributing, and/or modifying any photos, pictures, diagrams, and/or logos. Inquiries as to whether photos, pictures, diagrams, and/or logos are in the public domain or are subject to copyright restrictions should be directed to the Member who uploaded the document.
- If any modifications are made to a downloaded document, the Member who downloads the document for use shall include wording on the document such as “Adapted with the permission of [name of Health Unit or organization]”.
- If a document is copied for distribution without modification, the Member who downloads the document shall ensure that the reproductions, including logos or visual identity, are of good quality.